2021 In-House Counsel Update: Continuing Challenges in a Changing World
WeirFoulds’ Commercial Litigation Practice Group will be hosting our Annual In-House Counsel Update where we will discuss navigating challenges that continue to arise in the context of our changing legal landscape.
The discussion will focus on:
Contract Fundamentals: Forbearance Agreements and Tolling Limitation Periods
Speaker: Macdonald Allen
• When and how to protect your company’s rights following a contractual breach
• How to ensure a forbearance and tolling agreement is enforceable
The In-House Counsel’s Dual Role: Solicitor-Client Privilege
Speaker: Marie-Pier Nadeau
• How to approach legal advice versus business advice
• Practical tips to protect privilege and avoid waiver of privilege
Reputation Management for Corporations and Executives: Dealing with Defamation
Speakers: Carlos Martins and Emma Romano
• How to deal with assaults on the reputation of a corporation
• The essentials of bringing and defending defamation actions
This program has been accredited for 15 minutes of professionalism content and can be used as 45 minutes of substantive content as required by the Law Society of Ontario.