4th E-Discovery: Best practices and procedures relating to e-discovery
MANAGING COSTS IN ELECTRONIC DISCOVERY
E-discovery is fast becoming an integral part of court and other quasi-judicial and administrative proceedings. However, while it has its obvious benefits, it has often resulted in excessive costs and burdens. This session will look at strategies and tools that can be used to control the costs of e-discovery and reduce its burden on your company’s resources.
- Emerging standards and best practices for managing costs
- Focus on cost effectiveness: weighing benefits vs. cost of extensive e-discovery
- When cost shifting should be applied
- Implementing standardized processes and software
- What e-discovery steps can be done “in house”