ABA Section of International Law 2018 Annual Conference
WeirFoulds Partner Nikforos Iatrou will be Panel Chair and Moderator for a competition litigation panel at the ABA Section of International Law 2018 Annual Conference.
Niki’s panel, “Riding Two Horses to the Finish Line? Contrasting the Regimes for Collective Damages for Competition Litigation Claims in Europe and North America”, will be help on April 19 at 2:30 p.m.
In an era where anti-competitive conduct crosses borders and has effects in multiple jurisdictions, this panel will compare and contrast the avenues for private redress in Europe and North America for competition litigation claims.
Topics to be covered include:
- How have collective damages claims developed in Europe and how does that experience compare to the U.S.?;
- What sorts of damage awards are available? For example, can indirect purchasers recover for their losses? What about so-called “umbrella claims”?;
- How will Brexit influence a claimant’s choice of jurisdiction?; (iv) Which jurisdictions might benefit most from the Damages Directive?;
- What procedural challenges and opportunities arise both for claimants and defendants embroiled in parallel proceedings? How can proceedings in one region be used to gain an advantage in the other?; and
- What are the main pitfalls in class certification in antitrust class actions?
For more information, please click here.
***Please note: This is not a WeirFoulds event. If you have any questions please contact the ABA Section of International Law.