Best Practices for Constitutional Rights Litigation
WeirFoulds partner Raj Anand will present the Canadian Bar Association (CBA) webinar, “Best Practices for Constitutional Rights Litigation”.
For lawyers who litigate constitutional rights cases, the right preparation and strategy is important – particularly with the ultimate potential for an appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada.
In this webinar, a panel of experienced constitutional rights litigators will discuss how to select the right case for a constitutional challenge, the procedural and evidentiary issues common to constitutional cases, and the importance of creating the proper record.
You will also learn about common mistakes made in litigating constitutional cases, and how to avoid them.
Topics will include:
- Practice and procedure in constitutional rights litigation
- Overview of individual and collective rights in the context of constitutional litigation
- The use of expert evidence
- Tips for building a sound record
- Appellate advocacy in constitutional rights litigation
To learn more and to register, please click here.
***Please note: This is not a WeirFoulds event. If you have any questions, please contact the Canadian Bar Association.