Bill 132: The New Duty to Investigate
Effective September 8, 2016, Ontario’s new Sexual Violence and Harassment Action Plan Act (Bill 132) will usher in significant changes to occupational health and safety legislation. Bill 132 changes how employers must respond to and address sexual violence and harassment in the workplace, including in the context of workplace investigations.
We invite you to join us for a presentation and discussion on Bill 132 and the do’s & don’ts of workplace investigations. We will discuss (among other issues):
- Employer obligations under Bill 132
- Recent case law on workplace investigations ? is there a duty to investigate?
- Who should investigate?
- How to deal with the accused and the complainant
- Confidentiality considerations
- Mandate of the investigation
- Dealing with findings
Breakfast and Registration 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Presentation 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Closing Remarks & Networking 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.