CAN-TECH Law Spring Series – Digital Transformation: Understanding and Managing the Legal Risks
This year’s theme for CAN-TECH Law’s Spring Series is Digital Transformation: Understanding and Managing the Legal Risks.
Digital transformation is now a common commercial trend as new technologies such as artificial intelligence, block-chain, Internet of Things and data analytics are being used to develop transformative tech tools that make process and interactions better, faster and cheaper. Digital transformation is creating promising opportunities for business enterprises, including new business models, new forms of competition and new products and services. But along with all of these exciting new changes come many legal risks that companies must be well prepared to navigate.
WeirFoulds Partner James Kosa will speak on the June 2 panel on “How to Gain Access to New Technology: Key Legal Strategies and Considerations” (12:00-1:00 p.m. EST). Other session topics in the series include:
- Digital Transformation: Lessons Learned and Key Insights from the Banks
Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 12:00-1:00 p.m. EST
- Digital Transformation of In-house Legal Departments
Tuesday, May 12, 2020, 12:00-1:00 p.m. EST
- Drafting Contracts in Digital Transformation Projects: Examining and Dissecting Tricky Clauses
Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 12:00-1:00 p.m. EST
- Ethical Decisions in Digital Transformation and the Lawyer’s Professional Obligations
Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 12:00-1:00 p.m. EST
- Key Privacy and Cybersecurity Issues You Need to Be Aware of in Digital Transformation
Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 12:00-1:00 p.m. EST
These sessions will take place online via webcast. To learn more about the series and to register, click here.