Mar 29 Tuesday Tue 2022 Past Event
“Construction Contracts 101: Smooth Sailing or Gale Force Winds” Webinar Series – The Construction Institute of Canada
Speakers: Krista Chaytor, Michael Swartz
WeirFoulds Partners Krista Chaytor and Michael Swartz will be speaking at “Construction Contracts 101: Smooth Sailing or Gale Force Winds”, a webinar Series being hosted by The Construction Institute of Canada from March 29 to 31, 2022.
Contracts are the foundation of any construction project whether it is a verbal agreement, a one-page purchase order or 5 bound volumes of industry standard contracts, specifications, drawings and supplemental conditions. This seminar will provide you with an overview of some of the most common construction documents, including:
- Tendering Documentation (Practices and Pitfalls);
- CCDC2, CCA1, CCDC3, CCDC4, CCDC 5A, CCDC 5B & CCDC 17 Contracts (and how they are often supplemented;
- Other contracts referenced within your contract and the impact of legislation like the Building Code Act, OHSA, and the new Construction Act);
- Performance Bonds;
- Labour and Material Payment Bonds;
- Statutory Declarations; and
- Risk analysis and considerations from the perspective of owners, general contractors and sub-trades, and we will also discuss the strategies for attempting to navigate through these risks.
For more information and to register, click here.