Construction Liens and Trust Course
WeirFoulds partner Michael Swartz will instruct a The Construction Institute of Canada’s half-day seminar on Construction Liens and Trusts.
Attendees will come away with a practical understanding of these remedies, which are unique to the construction industry.
Key learning objectives include:
- When a construction lien works and when it doesn’t.
- How to gain the advantage with notices of lien.
- How to handle project funds to avoid personal liability.
- The timing traps what to watch out for
Michael will be addressing the following key proposed changes in respect of the recently released Construction Lien Act report:
- New enhances greater lien rights
- Extension of deadline to perfect liens
- Improved functionality of the Construction Lien Act
- New bonding requirements
- Prompt payment
To learn more and to register, please click here.
***Please note: This is not a WeirFoulds events. If you have any questions, please contact The Construction Institute of Canada.