Feminist Advocacy and the Law
WeirFoulds Women and the International Human Rights Program at the University of Toronto, Faculty of Law, will be hosting a seminar and networking reception that will showcase women lawyers who have incorporated feminist advocacy into their legal careers.
The panel of speakers will discuss advocacy pertaining to sexual assault, gender-based violence, and other crimes that disproportionately impact women and girls.
5:30 p.m. Registration
6:00 p.m. Welcoming Remarks
6:10 p.m. Panel Discussion: Feminist Advocacy and the Law
- Gillian Hnatiw, Principal | Gillian Hnatiw & Co.
- Megan Stephens, Executive Director & General Counsel | Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF)
- Deepa Mattoo, Executive Director | Barbra Schlifer Commemorative Clinic
- Ashley Major, Research Associate | University of Toronto, Faculty of Law
- Petra Molnar, Acting Director | University of Toronto, Faculty of Law
7:30 p.m. Networking Reception
For more information and to register, please email email@example.com.