Nov 26 Tuesday Tue 2019 Past Event
Feminist Advocacy and the Law
WeirFoulds Women and the International Human Rights Program at the University of Toronto, Faculty of Law, will be hosting a seminar and networking reception that will showcase women lawyers who have incorporated feminist advocacy into their legal careers.
The panel of speakers will discuss advocacy pertaining to sexual assault, gender-based violence, and other crimes that disproportionately impact women and girls.
5:30 p.m. Registration
6:00 p.m. Welcoming Remarks
6:10 p.m. Panel Discussion: Feminist Advocacy and the Law
- Gillian Hnatiw, Principal | Gillian Hnatiw & Co.
- Megan Stephens, Executive Director & General Counsel | Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF)
- Deepa Mattoo, Executive Director | Barbra Schlifer Commemorative Clinic
- Ashley Major, Research Associate | University of Toronto, Faculty of Law
- Petra Molnar, Acting Director | University of Toronto, Faculty of Law
7:30 p.m. Networking Reception
For more information and to register, please email email@example.com.