Mar 9 Friday Fri 2018 Past Event
Osgoode PD – Dealing with Charter Claims and Values – A Tribunal Primer
Speakers: Raj Anand
Raj Anand, WeirFoulds Partner and highly regarded human rights lawyer, will speak at the Osgoode PD program, Dealing with Charter Claims and Values – A Tribunal Primer.
Attendees of this intensive, one-day program will learn from experienced and expert counsel and tribunal members:
- When you need to address a party’s Charter arguments;
- How to structure your hearing to effectively address Charter claims or arguments that raise Charter values;
- What you need to know about substantive Charter rights, including legal rights, freedom of expression, freedom of association and equality; and
- How to conduct a justification analysis under section 1 of the Charter or a Doré Charter values balancing exercise.
Raj will co-present the topic, “Substantive Charter rights”, which will cover:
- Expression, association, equality
- Rights engaged when tribunal exercise coercive or investigatory powers – ss. 7, 8, 13 (self-incrimination)
To learn more about the full program, please click here.
***Please note: This is not a WeirFoulds event. If you have any questions please contact Osgoode PD.