Packing Your Digital Suitcase – Understanding Your Professional Obligations When Client Data Crosses Borders
Twenty Toronto Street Conferences and Events
WeirFoulds Associate Lisa Danay is a Program Chair of the Packing Your Digital Suitcase – Understanding Your Professional Obligations When Client Data Crosses Borders program presented by the OBA Information Technology & Intellectual Property Law, International Law, and Law Practice Management Section.
The program will help to ensure that attendees are up-to-speed on how to maintain client confidentiality when client data crosses borders.
The panels will discuss topics including:
- Best practices for crossing the border with your smartphone or laptop
- What to do when customs officers request access to your electronic devices containing client information
- Due diligence you need to conduct when contracting with cloud service and other technology providers for your practice
- Document storage or sharing technology to avoid
- What are your professional obligations around safeguarding client information and data security?
***Please note: This is not a WeirFoulds event. Please click here for more information.