So You Want to be a Judge? – Toronto Lawyers Association
On July 7, 2020, Partner Frank Walwyn will speak as part of a panel discussion titled “So You Want to be a Judge?”, hosted by the Toronto Lawyers Association. The webinar event will take place from 4:15 to 6:00 p.m.
Panelists will candidly discuss and de-mystify the judicial application and appointment process. Hear how you can navigate this process for the Ontario Court of Justice, Superior Court of Justice and Federal Court of Canada. The current chair of the JAAC, Fareed Amin will be able to address the recent changes announced by the Ontario Government regarding the OCJ. This unique program will address such topics as:
- What are the most critical selection criteria?
- How can you stand out?
- When in your career should you apply?
- How does the selection process ensure appointment of a diverse range of candidates?
- How important are references?
- Will past indiscretions come back to bite you?
- Can a non-litigation lawyer be appointed?