The Canadian Institute’s 3rd Annual Aboriginal Law, Consultation and Accommodation
With critical decisions and developments emerging at breakneck speed across Canada, staying up-to-date on Aboriginal law changes is a vital business need for industry, government and Aboriginal communities. The costs of inadequate consultation ? unending delays, litigation and negotiation breakdowns ? can be overwhelming!
At The Canadian Institute’s 3rd Annual “Aboriginal Law, Consultation & Accommodation” conference, our outstanding and diverse speaker faculty will examine key issues aff ecting your projects, regulatory approvals and
litigation. Hot topics will include:
- Case studies on Aboriginal consultation: What works? What doesn’t?
- Analyzing the practical and fi nancial impact of key case law developments
- Obtaining injunctions: How have the rules changed?
- How do you resolve disputes when consultation goes awry?
- Getting up to speed on federal and provincial initiatives: Th e Specific Claims Tribunal & more
- Evaluating a municipality’s duty to consult and its eff ect on developers
As a special added value, take advantage of two essential workshops: “Mastering the Fundamentals of Aboriginal Law” and “Creating a Model Impact Benefit Agreement”.
This is your best opportunity to network and hear wide-ranging perspectives! Register today by calling The Canadian Institute toll-free at 1-877-927-7936, by faxing your registration to 1-877-927-1563 or by registering online at www.CanadianInstitute.com/AboriginalLaw.