Adrian Howard is an associate in the corporate practice group at WeirFoulds LLP.
Adrian’s practice encompasses a wide variety of corporate and commercial matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing and the drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements.
Adrian joined WeirFoulds as an associate after articling with the firm. Prior to receiving his Juris Doctor from Osgoode Hall Law School, he received a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Political Science and Criminology from the University of Toronto.
- Acted for Kontrol Energy Corp. in its $2M private placement of Units, each of which consisted of one $1,000 8% unsecured convertible debenture and 1,000 warrants. July 2020.
- Acted for Knightstone Capital Management Inc. through an affiliated entity, on its acquisition of the Sheraton Gateway Hotel located in Terminal 3 of Toronto Pearson International Airport from an affiliate of Marriott International Inc. for approximately $130 million and in connection with Knightstone’s $100 million securitized loan facility with Royal Bank of Canada – CMBS and its negotiation of hotel management and related operational agreements with Marriott.
- Acted for Kontrol Energy Corp. in its $3 million secured loan financing with FirePower Capital. November 2019.
- Acted for Harte Gold Corp. in the closing of its US$70 million debt financing package with Sprott Private Resource Lending (Collector), L.P. and Appian Natural Resources Fund (“Appian”) to fully fund the construction of the Sugar Zone Project. December 2018.
- J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2016
- B.A. (Hons.) Political Science and Criminology, University of Toronto, 2012
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Canadian Association of Black Lawyers