Caitlin Steven is a partner in the construction practice group at WeirFoulds.
Caitlin focuses on drafting, negotiating and advising on contracts in the construction industry. Caitlin leverages the skills gained through her years as a litigator to spot issues in contracts to avoid disputes and protect her clients’ rights and interests.
Prior to becoming partner, Caitlin joined the firm as an associate after being a summer and articling student with the firm.
Caitlin received her Juris Doctor from the University of Toronto in 2015. During law school, Caitlin participated in various Pro Bono Students Canada initiatives. Caitlin volunteered as a case worker with Downtown Legal Services, representing clients before the Landlord and Tenant Board. Caitlin also worked as an Academic Advisor with the Faculty of Law’s Academic Success Program.
Prior to law school, Caitlin received her undergraduate degree from McMaster University, where she graduated summa cum laude from the Honours Bachelor of Health Sciences program.
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada: Ones to Watch as an upcoming leading practitioner in Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2023
- Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP Prizes in Contracts
- The Blake, Cassels and Graydon Scholarship
Called to the Bar
- Ontario (2016)
- J.D., University of Toronto, 2015
- B.H.Sc. (Hons.), McMaster University, 2011
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association