Hayley Peglar is an associate in the litigation practice group at WeirFoulds LLP. She advises clients on a diverse range of civil and commercial litigation matters, with a focus on estate, trusts, and capacity litigation.
Hayley brings to the table key expertise in early stage mediation of estate disputes. She understands that litigation can be stressful and costly, and works closely with her clients to identify solutions and to provide peace of mind through effective negotiation and mediation.
Hayley represents individual and institutional clients in court proceedings and contested litigation, including variation of trust matters, dependant relief applications, guardianship applications, and will challenge proceedings.
Hayley enjoys writing about developments in the law and regularly shares her knowledge at client seminars and industry conferences. Through her memberships in the Ontario Bar Association, The Advocates’ Society, and the Toronto Lawyers Association, Hayley stays up to date on legal developments and trends which impact her clients. Hayley served as a member of the executive of The Advocates’ Society Estates Litigation Practice Group from 2016 to 2018.
Hayley is also a member of the WeirFoulds Women program which promotes a successful and diverse working environment.
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA), 52nd Congress Prague 2014 Past Presidents’ Award for Best National Report, Private Client and Immigration Working Session (with Caroline Abela)
- Margaret Grimshaw Prize in Real Estate, University of Toronto
- Chancellor’s Scholarship, Queen’s University
- Member-at-Large, Ontario Bar Association, Elder Law Section (2019-2020)
Called to the Bar
- Ontario (2014)
- J.D., University of Toronto, 2013
- B.A. (Hons. with Distinction), Queen's University, 2010
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Advocates' Society
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- WeirFoulds Women