Max Shafir QC is a highly experienced WeirFoulds lawyer who practises exclusively in construction law. Not only is he a highly respected member of the construction law bar in Ontario, he is also certified by the Law Society of Ontario as a specialist in construction law.
His deep understanding of construction law means he is always in tune with the needs of his clients and partners with them to ensure their rights are protected in any construction dispute. Max’s clients include major construction suppliers, lending institutions, owners, developers, contractors and subcontractors. He specializes and has had success in breach of trust claims, the Construction Lien Act and bankruptcy.
Max is actively engaged in the legal profession and is dedicated to his clients and the community. As a member of a number of professional organisations including The Advocates’ Society, as well as being a fellow of the Canadian College of Construction Law, Max has a deep understanding of the issues facing the profession. He is committed to both the excellence and the continuous enhancement and improvement of the practice of construction law.
Max was appointed Queen’s Counsel in 1981. He has been ranked as a leading construction lawyer by Best Lawyers in Canada for more than ten years and also consistently recommended in The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory.
He regularly presents at client and professional events and has authored several papers on construction issues and litigation.
- Repeatedly recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada as a leading lawyer in Construction Law
- Repeatedly recognized in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading practitioner in Construction Law
Called to the Bar
- Ontaro (1967)
- LL.B, Osgoode Hall Law School, 1965
- B.A., University of Toronto, 1962
- Fellow, The Canadian College of Construction Lawyers
- Member, The Advocates' Society
- Member, The Lawyers Club
- Member, The Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association - Construction Law Section