Raj Anand is a senior civil litigation, administrative and human rights lawyer and a bencher of the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Raj practises in the areas of human rights, constitutional and administrative law, labour relations, civil litigation, professional negligence and discipline. He is a former Chief Commissioner of the Ontario Human Rights Commission and acted as a Board of Inquiry under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Police Services Act, as Co-Chair of the University of Toronto Tribunal and as counsel to a number of administrative tribunals. An elected Bencher since 2007, he is presently the Vice Chair of the Law Society Tribunal’s Hearing Division. In 2012, he was appointed as Chair of the Law Society’s Working Group on systemic racism in the legal and paralegal professions, and he presented its final report in December 2016, which adopted mandatory, voluntary, educational and policy measures to reduce systemic racism in the legal professions.
Raj has spoken and written on diverse subjects including trial, appellate and administrative advocacy and human rights. He graduated with the Dean’s Key in 1978 from the University of Toronto Faculty of Law. He served in 1986-1987 as a Task Force to the Ontario Government on the Law Concerning Trespass to Publicly-used Property as it Affects Youth and Minorities.
In 1997, Raj was the first recipient of The Advocates’ Society Award of Justice. His experience as an adjunct professor includes “The New Administrative Law”, “Diversity and the Legal Profession” and Legal Ethics. For seven years he was the Advocates’ Society representative on the Equity Advisory Group of the Law Society. He has also served as a Board member and/or Chair of the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, two community clinics, Legal Aid Ontario, the Advocates’ Society, Pro Bono Law Ontario, the University of Toronto Law Alumni Council and the Law Commission of Ontario.
In 2003, Raj received the Law Society Medal, the highest honour awarded by the governing body of the legal profession in Ontario. In June 2007, he was awarded Professional Man of the Year by the Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce. In April 2008, he was appointed by the Province of Ontario as the Founding Chair of its Human Rights Legal Support Centre. In 2010 Raj received the award for Distinguished Career from the South Asian Bar Association. In 2013 he was awarded an inaugural Roy McMurtry Fellowship at Osgoode Hall Law School to teach ethics and professionalism. In 2015 he was named Constitutional Litigator in Residence at the Asper Centre for Constitutional Rights at the University of Toronto. He was named one of Canada’s 25 most influential lawyers and judges in 2017, and Raj was awarded an OBA Award for Distinguished Service in 2018.
Chair, Ontario Human Rights Legal Support Centre (2010)
Counsel on Air India and Toronto Computer Leasing Inquiries
Counsel, Quebec Secession Reference (S.C.C.) and Ontario “Spouse-in-the-House” case.
Chief Commissioner, Ontario Human Rights Commission (1988-1989)
Re Porter, (2014), CarswellNfld 221 (Nlfd Prov Ct)
CUPE and CSU (3RPG/MB13), (2014), CarswellMan 768 (Man Arb)
Nutakki v. Ontario (Health Professions Appeal and Review Board), (2014), ONSC 5396
Re CUPE and CSU, (2014), CarswellOnt 1949 (Ont Arb)
Khapar v. Air Canada, (2014), FC 138
Coote v. Lawyers’ Professional Indemnity Co., (2013), FCA 143
Re CUPE and CSU (Dugale), (2013), CarswellOnt 10745 (Ont Arb)
Richardson v. Kimberley, 2012 ONSC 1050
Trozzi v. College of Nurses of Ontario, (2010), CHRR Doc. 10-2542 (Ont. Human Rights Tribunal)
Toussaint v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), (2010), 323 D.L.R. (4th) 372 (F.C.)
Toussaint v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), (2010), 323 D.L.R. (4th) 338 (F.C.)
Loomba v. Home Depot Canada Inc., (2010), CHRR Doc. 10-2084 (Ont. Human Rights Tribunal)
Regular v. Law Society of Newfoundland and Labrador, (2010), 300 Nfld. & P.E.I.R. 212 (Nfld. S.C.)
M.D. v. Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Society,  O.J. No. 2270
Galipo v. St. George Property Management, (2010), CHRR Doc. 10-0247 (Ont. Human Rights Tribunal)
Weitzman v. SAP Canada Inc., (2009), 256 O.A.C. 88 (Div. Ct.)
Galipo v. St. George Property Management, (2009), CHRR Doc. 09-2251 (Ont. Human Rights Tribunal)
Homonay v. Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, (2009), CHRR Doc. 09-2009 (Ont. Human Rights Tribunal)
Toussaint v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), (2009), 83 Imm. L.R. (3d) 51 (F.C.)
Gunther v. The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, (2009), 83 Imm. L.R. (3) 39 (Fed. Ct.)
Krena v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), (2009) 83 Imm. L.R. (3d) 29 (F.C.)
Cooper et al v. The Attorney General for Ontario (2009), 311 D.L.R. (4th) 480 (Div. Ct.)
Andrachuk v. Bell Globemedia, (2009), 71 C.C.E.L. (3d) 224 (Div. Ct.)
Loomba v. Home Depot Canada Inc., (2008), CHRR Doc. 08-1039 (Ont. Human Rights Tribunal)
Mughal (Re), (2008), 174 C.L.R.B.R. (2d) 267 (C.I.R.B.)
Stetler v. Ontario Flue-Cured Tobacco Growers’ Marketing Board, (2008), 234 O.A.C. 366 (Div. Ct.)
Zubovits v. Ontario (Human Rights Commission), (2008), C.L.L.C. 230-002 (Div. Ct.)
Labourview Co-operative Homes Inc. v. Chatham-Kent (Municipality) (2007), 58 R.P.R. (4th) 220 (Div. Ct.)
MacDonald v. Commissioner of the Cornwall Public Inquiry (2006), 271 D.L.R. (4th) 436 (Div. Ct.)
Gray (Litigation Guardian of) v. Ontario (2006), 212 O.A.C. 223 (Div. Ct.)
Gray (Litigation Guardian of) v. Ontario (2006), 264 D.L.R. (4th) 717 (Div. Ct.)
Amerato v. Registrar (Motor Vehicle Dealers Act) (2005), 257 D.L.R. (4th) 146 (C.A.)
Folland v. Reardon, (2005), 249 D.L.R. (4th) 167 (C.A.)
Bartlett v. Hordo (2004), 184 O.A.C. 196 (Div. Ct.)
Gurofsky v. Ontario Human Rights Commission et al. (2004), 70 O.R. (3d) 25 (Div. Ct.)
McEachran v. Society of Energy Professionals, (2004), 114 C.L.R.B.R. (2d) 186 (ON L.R.B.)
Iness v. Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp (2004), 236 D.L.R. (4th) 241 (C.A.)
Polewsky v. Home Hardware Stores Ltd. (2003), 66 O.R. (3d) 600 (Div. Ct.)
Iness v. Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp (2002), 220 D.L.R. (4th) 682 (C.A.)
- Repeatedly recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada as a leading lawyer in Administrative and Public Law and Labour and Employment Law
- Recognized as a leading practitioner in Litigation, Public Law and Workplace Human Rights in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
- Recognized in Lexpert Guide to US/Canada Cross-Border Lawyers in Canada (2018, 2019)
- Voted one of Canadian Lawyer’s Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers (2017)
- Distinguished Career Award, South Asian Bar Association (2010)
- Professional Man of the Year, Indo-Canadian Chamber of Commerce (2007)
- Recipient of the Law Society Medal, the highest honour awarded by the governing body of the legal profession in Ontario (2003)
- The first recipient of The Advocates’ Society Award of Justice (1997)
- Constitutional Litigator-in-Residence, David Asper Centre for Constitutional Rights, University of Toronto, Faculty of Law (Fall 2015)
- Bencher, Law Society of Upper Canada (20072015)
- Adjunct Professor, Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.M. Programme in Administrative Law (“The New Administrative Law”) (2000, 2006, 2009, 2011)
- Chair, Ontario Human Rights Legal Support Centre (2008-2010)
- Vice-Chair, Law Society Hearing Panel (Adjudication, Case Management and Mediation); Chair, Tribunals Committee; Vice-Chair, Equity and Aboriginal Issues Committee; Member, Finance, Access to Justice Committee, Licensing and Accreditation Task Force, Articling Task Force, Governance Task Force and the Tribunals Process Working Group.
- Adjudicator, Boards of Inquiry, Ontario Human Rights Code (1989-1994) and Police Services Act (1991-1993)
- Co-Chair, University of Toronto Tribunal (1998-2010)
- Vice-President, University of Toronto Law Alumni Association (2006-2008)
- Board of Directors, Legal Aid Ontario (2006-2008)
- Board of Directors, The Advocates’ Society (2001-2007)Chair, Minority Advocacy and Rights Council (1991-2005)
- Board of Directors, Court Challenges Program (1996-1998)
- Board of Directors, Income Security Advocacy Centre (1999-2005)
- Law Commission of Canada, Study Panel on Electoral Reform (2001)
- Equality Rights Panel, Court Challenges Program of Canada
- Board of Trustees, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Member, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
- President, Pro Bono Law Ontario (2003-2005)
- Public Interest Advocacy Counsel to various community organizations including MARC, NWAC, NAPO, CERA, OCAP, CCPI, CEC and EGALE as well as the Canadian and Ontario Human Rights Commissions and several other administrative boards
Called to the Bar
- Ontario (1980)
- LL.B., Dean's Key, University of Toronto, 1978
- B.A., Queen's University, 1975
- Chair, Minority Advocacy and Rights Council
- Commentator, Labour law and human rights issues on "Workweek", TVOntario and Newsworld, 1990-91 and 1991-92.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society, Equity Advisory Group, Advocates' Society representative (for seven years)
- South Asian Bar Association
- Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce
- Canadian Institute for the Administration of Justice
Board of Directors of Legal Aid Ontario (2006-2008)
President of the University of Toronto Law Alumni Council (2006-2008)
Member of the Board of Trustees of the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (20052007)
Board of Directors of the Advocates’ Society (20042007)
Member of the Equity Advisory Group of the Law Society of Upper Canada (2000 2007)
Board of Directors of Pro Bono Law Ontario (also President 2003-2005)
Equality Rights Panel of Federal Court Challenges Programme
Book Chapters, Reports and Essays:
- “Ethnic Equality” in Anne F. Bayefsky & Mary Eberts, eds, Chapter 2 of Equality Rights and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, (Toronto, ON: Carswell, 1985).
- “Report of the Task Force on the Law Concerning Trespass to Publicly-Used Property as it Affects Youth and Minorities” (Toronto, ON: Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General, 1987).
- “Search and Seizure Under Human Rights Legislation” in Administrative Law: Principles, Practice and Pluralism (Toronto, ON: Special Lectures of the Law Society of Upper Canada, 1992).
- “Anti-Discrimination Law in Canada”, in Christof Heyns, ed., Discrimination and the Law in South Africa, (Pretoria: Centre for Human Rights, 1994) vol. 1.
- “Report on Direct Access to Binding Adjudication under the Canadian Human Rights Act” (Ottawa, ON: Canadian Human Rights Act Review Panel, 1999).
- Co-author, “Zimbabwe Under Siege: A Canadian Civil Society Perspective”, (Zimbabwe Reference Group, 2004).
- “Judicial Review – Recent Developments”, in Bullen & Leake & Jacob’s Canadian Precedents of Pleadings, 2nd (Toronto, ON: Carswell, updated periodically).
- Co-author, “Professional Liability”, in Adam M. Dodek, ed, Canadian Legal Practice, A Guide for the 21st Century (Markham, ON: LexisNexis Canada, updated periodically).
- “Real Change? Reflections on Employment Equity’s Last Thirty Years”, Chapter 3 in Employment Equity in Canada – The Legacy of the Abella Report (ed. Carol Agócs) (Toronto, ON: University of Toronto Press, July 2014).
- “Rule of Law and the Ethical Lawyer”, Canada and the Rule of Law: 150 Years after Confederation / Le Canada et la primauté du droit: 150 ans après la Confédération, June 2017
- “Federalism and Patriation”, Canada at 150: Building a Free and Democratic Society, (Markham, ON: LexisNexis Canada, October 2017)
- “Holding Schools Accountable – A Legal Right to an Appropriate Education?”, Justice for Children Newsletter, Vol. 1, No. 4, 1979.
- Co-authored with Gail Czukar, Discussion papers on the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and (1) Provincial Mental Health Statues, and (2) Human Rights Statutes (Canadian Mental Health Association, Human Rights project), 1984.
- “The Relationship Between Section 15 of the Charter and Employment Legislation”, Canadian Institute for Professional Development, 1985.
- Various publications of speeches on human rights as Chief Commissioner of the Ontario Human Rights Commission.
- “Current Issues in Racial Equality”, proceedings of the Annual Conference of the Canadian Institute for the Administration of Justice, 1989.
- “The Pros and Cons of Internal Human Rights Systems”, proceedings of the National Conference of Racial Equality in the Workplace, 1990.
- “Internal Human Rights Systems”, Currents: Readings in Race Relations, Vol. 6, No. 3, Dec. 1990.
- “HIV-Testing in the Unionized Work Place: The Accommodation Challenges Posed by AIDS”, (1992) 1 Canadian Labour Law Journal, 100.
- “The Quick Fix”, InSight Seminar on Advancing Advocacy in Administrative Law, July 1992
- “Recent Developments in Human Rights Law”, Canadian Judicial Council Seminar, July 1993.
- “Implications of Hastings Decision”, CBAO Hide & Seek seminar, March 24, 1994.
- “Recent Developments in the Law of Evidence”, O.P.S.E.U. Grievance Officers, September 1994.
- “Applicability of the Charter of Rights and Freedom to the Board of Inquiry (Police Services Act)”, Police Board’s Annual Training Session, October 1994.
- “Virtual Exclusivity of Collective Agreement Arbitration Remedy”, Labour Alert, Vol. 1, No. 6, June 1997.
- “Human Rights Violations may be Heard in Court”, Labour Alert, Vol. 1, No. 8, September 1997.
- “Dealing with Harassment in the Workplace”, InSight Information Inc., December 1, 1997.
- “An Overview of Class Action Legislation”, Legal Focus, Vol. 1, No. 29, December 1997.
- “Human Rights: Understanding the Key Principles and Procedures in the Federal Workplace”, Infonex: Federal Workplace Regulation Course, December 9, 1997.
- “Recent Developments in Human Rights, Labour and Employment Law”, Canadian Museum Association, January 31, 1998.
- “Looking at the Individual or the Group When Assessing Disadvantage in Charter Litigation”, Canada Watch, October 1998.
- “Damages for Bad Faith in Wrongful Dismissal”, Labour Alert, 1998.
- “Federal and International Human Rights Complaints”, Canadian Bar Association, March 24, 2000.
- “Advocacy Before Tribunals”, Canadian Bar Association-Ontario, October 20, 2000.
- “Human Rights Update: Recent Developments in Substantive and Procedural Law”, Law Society of Upper Canada, November 22, 2000.
- “Human Rights Update: Recent Developments Affecting the High-Tech Workforce”, Canadian Institute, Ottawa, ON, January 30, 2001.
- “Let’s Work Together: Employer and Employee Rights and Obligations Under the Duty to Accommodate”, Infonex Conference, October 22, 2001.
- “Practical Consideration in Arguing Your Case Before the Ontario Divisional Court”, Canadian Institute, December 3-4, 2001.
- “HIV & AIDS and Human Rights Issues in the Labour/Employment Context”, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, January 18, 2002.
- “Racial Harassment: What Employers Need to Know”, Canadian Institute, February 5, 2002.
- “Practical Tips for Making a Request: Fundamentals of Ontario’s FOI Laws”, Information and Privacy Conference, Ontario Bar Association, May 10, 2002.
- “Presenting Charter Arguments in Administrative Proceedings: An Update” Administrative Law & Practice Conference, Canadian Institute, October 8, 2002.
- “How to Handle Employee Absenteeism, Illness and Disability: Employer and Employee Rights and Obligations under the Duty to Accommodate”, Employment Law Conference, Canadian Institute, October 16, 2002.
- “Solicitor-Client Privilege: The Full Answer and Defence Exception”, Advocates’ Society Fall Convention, November 15, 2002.
- “Employer and Employee Rights and Obligations Under the Duty to Accommodate”, Federated Press, November 21, 2002.
- “Strategies for Accommodating Employees’ Religious Rights and Customs”, Infonex, March 25, 2003.
- “Defining Harassment in Today’s Workplace”, Workplace Violence and Harassment Conference, Infonex, April 30, 2003.
- “Update on Administrative Law”, 2003 Conference of Ontario Boards and Agencies, November 7, 2003.
- “Recent Supreme Court Decisions That Affect the Practice of Administrative Law”, Key Changes and Updated Procedures in Administrative Law Conference, Infonex, March 31, 2004.
- “Some Evidentiary Considerations in Constitutional Litigation”, Special Litigation Skills Certificate Program: Conducting a Constitutional Challenge, The Advocates’ Society, May 13, 2004.
- “Equality Under s.15: Are We There Yet?”, The Legal and Practical Guide to Constitutional Litigation in Civil Matters, Canadian Institute, June 18, 2004.
- “Confidentiality of Court Proceedings: An Overview and Update”, Advanced Roundtable in Civil Litigation, Law Society of Upper Canada, October 7, 2004.
- “Bill of Rights, Human Rights Codes and Vindicating Charter Rights”, Third Annual Charter Conference, Ontario Bar Association, October 15, 2004.
- “Recent Developments in the Standard of Review: Where Are We Now?”, Advanced Administrative Law and Practice, Canadian Institute, October 21, 2004.
- “Choice of Forum: Court, Arbitration, OHRC, and other Administrative Remedies“, Human Rights Update – 2005, The Law Society of Upper Canada, March 9, 2005.
- “Lifeline: Language Access as a Human Rights Issue”, Access Alliance Multicultural CHC, Orangeville, May 5, 2005.
- “Professional Discipline Proceedings and the Charter of Right and Freedoms”, Professional Regulation Summit: Addressing the Complex issues of Enforcement & Compliance, September 21, 2005.
- “Does Hearsay Matter”, Spring Symposium 2006: Evidence, Advocacy & Persuasion, The Advocates’ Society, May 12, 2006.
- “2006 Administrative Law Update”, Council of Canadian Administrative Tribunals, June 12, 2006.
- “Activisme judiciaire: Mythe ou réalité?”, Horaire du 27e Congrès de l’AJEFO, June 24, 2006.
- “Lessons learned from the Ontario Suit”, National Conference on Independent Living, September 28, 2006.
- “Getting up to Speed: An Update on Key Administrative Law Decisions from Across Canada”, 6th Annual Advanced Administrative Law and Practice, Canadian Institute, October 19-20, 2006.
- “International Perspectives on Canadian Human Rights Law”, Honouring the Spirit of Human Rights in the Canadian Context, Department of Justice, December 11, 2006.
- “Recent Supreme Court of Canada Cases Every Administrative Law Practitioner Should Know”, Strategies for Litigating Before Administrative Tribunals, The Advocates’ Society, March 2, 2007.
- “Bill 107: The Dawn of Direct Access to Human Rights Enforcement”, Conference on Police Employment, The Police Association of Ontario, March 5, 2007.
- “Fiduciary Duty Claims in Professional Relationship: Redundant or Necessary?” Remedies and Damages: Are you Getting the Most for Your Clients, The Law Society of Upper Canada, March 6, 2007.
- “Who Is Your Client? Managing Conflicts of Interest”, Family-Held Summit, Exit and Succession Strategies, The Law Society of Upper Canada, April 20, 2007.
- “The Human Rights Code and Judicial Review: When Will the Courts Step In?”, The New Human Rights System: What It Means For Your Practice, Ontario Bar Association, June 11, 2007.
- “When Enough Is Enough: Accommodation Cases Where Undue Hardship Was Established”, The Duty to Accommodate: Advanced Issues, Proactive Management of Employer, Union and Employee Responsibilities, InSight Information, June 13, 2007.
- “Recent Developments in Solicitor-Client and Litigation Privilege: An Analysis of Blank v. Canada (Minister of Justice) and Celanese Canada Inc. v. Murray Demolition Corp., Litigation Privilege: What’s New?”, Osgoode Professional Development Evidence Program, September 19, 2007.
- “Cross Canada Update: Key Decisions and Developments That Impact Your Work”, 7th Annual Advanced Administrative Law & Practice Conference, The Canadian Institute, October 18, 2007.
- “Fostering Pro Bono Service in the Legal Profession: Challenges Facing the Pro Bono Ethic”, Ninth Colloquium on the Legal Profession, Chief Justice of Ontario’s Advisory Committee on Professionalism, October 19, 2007.
- “Access to Administrative Justice: A Comparative Review”, Administrative Law Conference, Access to Administrative Justice, The Law Society of Upper Canada October 24, 2007.
- “E-Record Management, E-Discovery, E-Evidence in Human Rights and Other Administrative Law Proceedings”, InSight Information, October 24, 2007.
- “Pleadings in Mediation, Arbitration and Tribunals”, The Art of Pleading: Mastering the Fine Strokes, Ontario Bar Association, November 30, 2007.
- “Accommodation of Religious Rights and Customs in Employment”, Police Employment in 2008, Emerging Issues and Legal Developments, Police Association of Ontario, March 4, 2008.
- “Strategies and Possibilities for the Next Few Decades”, Asper Centre for Constitutional Rights Colloquium on Constitutional Litigation, September 5, 2008.
- “Human Rights 101”, How to Apply the Human Rights Code in Your Tribunal, Society of Ontario Adjudicators and Regulators Human Rights Workshop, September 16, 2008.
- “Bill 107: The Dawn of Direct Access to Human Rights Enforcement”, Human Rights Law, OBA 18th Annual Operation Update, October 3, 2008.
- Serology Testing, Canadian Dental Regulatory Authorities Federation Conference, Montreal, October 24, 2008.
- “2008 Administrative Law Update” and Co-Chair, Canadian Institute’s 8th Annual Advanced Administrative Law & Practice Conference, October 28-29, 2008.
- “Bill 107: The Dawn of Direct Access to Human Rights Enforcement”, Litigating in the New Ontario Human Rights Regime, Law Society of Upper Canada, 9th Annual Employment Law Summit, October 30, 2008.
- “Accommodating Diversity – Stakeholder Perspectives”, COBA Conference, Toronto, ON, November 6, 2008.
- “Human Rights Reform in Ontario”, Toronto Community Housing Corporation’s 3rd Annual Lawyers’ Luncheon, November 13, 2008.
- “Working Effectively with Clients Who Do Not Speak English or French”, Law Society of Upper Canada, December 9, 2008.
- “Introduction to the HRLSC”, Renewing Our Commitment to Human Rights: Law and Policy Reform in Alberta, Sheldon Chumir Foundation, January 2009.
- “Charter Applications by Administrative Tribunals”, OBA The Six-Minute Administrative Lawyers 2009, LSUC, February 2009.
- “The New Ontario Human Rights System: Some Trends from the Tribunal’s First Year”, OBA Professional Development, 19th Annual Operation Update, October 2, 2009.
- “2009 Update: Judicial Review of Professional Discipline Decisions”, Prosecuting and Defending Professional Discipline Cases, Toronto, ON, December 4, 2009.
- “Tribunal Application of the Human Rights Code: Tranchemontagne and Beyond”, Law Society of Upper Canada, The Six-Minute Administrative Lawyer, Toronto, ON, February 23, 2010.
- “2011 Update: Judicial Review of Professional Discipline Decisions”, Osgoode Short Course in Prosecuting and Defending Professional Discipline Cases, Toronto, ON, February 16, 2011.
- “Three Developments at the Human Rights Tribunal under Bill 107”, The Six-Minute Administrative Lawyer 2011, Toronto, ON, February 23, 2011.
- “The Importance and Pervasiveness of Administrative Law”, Law Society of Upper Canada, New Lawyer Practice Series, Toronto, May 25, 2011
- “A Modest Checklist for Beginning Practice before Administrative Tribunals”, OBA, Administrative Law Practice: Back to Basics, Toronto, February 2012.
- “Duplication and Damages at the HRTO in 2011 – 2012”, Law Society of Upper Canada, Six-Minute Administrative Lawyer, Toronto, February 24, 2012.
- “Update on Ever Evolving and Expanding Accommodation Obligations”, Insight, Duty to Accommodate: New Laws and Evolving Obligations for Proactively Managing Employees with Accommodation Needs, Toronto, October 29, 2012.
- “The Troubling Intersection of Equality Rights and Access to Justice”, Osgoode Hall Law School Conference on Pinto Report, January 27, 2013.
- “Accountability, Transparency and Professional Ethics: Today’s Challenges for the Ontario College of Teachers”, Ontario College of Teachers, June 6, 2013.
- “Critical Link: Language Access as a Human Rights Issue”, Critical Link International, June 19, 2013.
- “Accommodation of the Sikh Turban and Articles of Faith in Employment”, Canadian Sikh Association, November 2013.
- “A Checklist for Access to Administrative Justice Today”, (2014), 27 C.J.A.L.P. 235.
- “Developing Strategies for Change: Addressing Challenges Faced by Racialized Licensees”, Consultation Paper, The Law Society of Upper Canada, October 30, 2014.
- “H. v. College of Nurses of Ontario“, WeirFoulds LLP, (with Alan Bromstein and Debbie Tarshis), December 2014
- Co-author, “Has Reasons Review Risen Again?”, (2015) Regulatory Boards and Administrative Law Litigation, Vol. XII, No. 2.
- Co-author, “Addressing Conflicting Human Rights: Some Recent Case Law“, 4th Annual Human Rights Summit, The Law Society of Upper Canada, November 30, 2015.
- Co-author, “Bill C-51 and It’s Administrative Dilemmas”, Osgoode Hall Law School, Osgoode Professional Development, December 1, 2015
- Co-author, “Addressing Conflicting Human Rights: Some Recent Case Law“, WeirFoulds LLP, November 2015 (with S. Priya Morley)
- Co-author, “Your Employee is Under My Care: An Employer’s Rights and Responsibilities with respect to Medical Information”, WeirFoulds LLP, April 2016 (with Sarah Yun, S. Priya Morley, and Hayley Peglar)