A firm is only as good as its people and at WeirFoulds we are committed to hiring top legal talent. We encourage you to join our team if you are a self-starter who shares our passion for exceptional client service, entrepreneurialism, client development, as well as the building and strengthening of client relationships.
Our friendly, collaborative and inclusive culture, means WeirFoulds is not only a great place to work, but a great place to develop and thrive as a professional. We support and nurture our team by consistently providing opportunities for career development and progression, enabling you to fulfil your potential and ultimately, shape the future of our firm.
WeirFoulds is seeking a Wills & Estates lawyer to join our thriving Wills & Estates Practice Group. The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in the areas of trusts, wills and estate administration
- Strong technical and legal knowledge
- Demonstrated strengths in entrepreneurialism including client service, client relationships and client development
- Ability to work with lawyers at all levels, excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player
- Able to balance competing demands as well as being self-motivated, innovative and flexible
- Confidence to manage files and clients independently
- Excellent academic credentials with an LLB, JD or equivalent
- Be in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
The successful candidate will work with our team of Wills & Estates lawyers and clerks on a variety of challenging and diverse matters, representing clients (including executors, corporate trustees, beneficiaries, financial planning firms and advisors, corporations, owner-managers and family businesses) in managing and transferring their assets through the use of business succession plans, trusts and wills.
Please submit your application online, including a cover letter, resume and copies of official academic transcripts. Please click here to apply online.
WeirFoulds welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse perspectives backgrounds, identities, and cultures.
Accommodations in accordance with applicable laws are available for applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Katrina Henn, Director of Talent.
At WeirFoulds, we recognize that we need to advance and to demonstrate equality, diversity, and inclusion in everything we do, internally and externally. We have been working diligently on several key areas, and we recognize that we must do better. Our goal is to put words into concrete action through a number of specific steps. These are described in our official statement on our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, which we are pleased to share.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.