A firm is only as good as its people and at WeirFoulds we are committed to hiring top legal talent. We encourage you to join our team if you are a self-starter who shares our passion for exceptional client service, entrepreneurialism, client development, as well as the building and strengthening of client relationships.
Our friendly, collaborative and inclusive culture, means WeirFoulds is not only a great place to work, but a great place to develop and thrive as a professional. We support and nurture our team by consistently providing opportunities for career development and progression, enabling you to fulfil your potential and ultimately, shape the future of our firm.
WeirFoulds is seeking a construction lawyer to join our thriving Construction Law Practice Group. The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years of construction law experience
- Strong technical, legal, research and drafting skills combined with excellent organization skills
- Contract drafting experience is an asset
- Demonstrated strengths in entrepreneurialism including client service, client relationships and client development
- Ability to work with lawyers at all levels and be a team player
- Able to balance competing demands as well as being self-motivated, innovative and flexible
- Confidence to manage files and clients independently
- Excellent academic credentials
The successful candidate will work with our team of lawyers on a variety of challenging, sophisticated and diverse matters representing owners, consultants, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers with negotiating and drafting contracts, resolving project disputes including delay claims, responding to insolvencies and collection of monies owed. Our clients include some of the largest, most significant players in the construction industry with complex and interesting construction issues.
Please submit your application online, including a cover letter and your resume. Please click here to apply online.
We thank all candidates for their response, but only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
WeirFoulds LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above job posting in an alternative format, please contact Katrina Henn, Director of Professional Development, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone 416-947-5030.