A firm is only as good as its people and at WeirFoulds we are committed to hiring top legal talent. We encourage you to join our team if you are a self-starter who shares our passion for exceptional client service, entrepreneurialism, client development, as well as the building and strengthening of client relationships.
Our friendly, collaborative and inclusive culture, means WeirFoulds is not only a great place to work, but a great place to develop and thrive as a professional. We support and nurture our team by consistently providing opportunities for career development and progression, enabling you to fulfil your potential and ultimately, shape the future of our firm.
WeirFoulds LLP is seeking a junior lawyer at the Associate level to join our thriving Caribbean Commercial Litigation Practice Group, initially on a 12 month contract.
- Qualified to practise law both in Canada and the Commonwealth Caribbean, meaning they must hold a Legal Education Certificate (LEC) issued by the General Legal Council in the Caribbean*
- A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant litigation experience, whether in Canada, the Caribbean, or some other jurisdiction
- Excellent drafting skills
- Strong legal, advocacy and organizational skills
- Excellent academic credentials
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work with lawyers at all levels and be a strong team player
- Committed to hard work and able to balance competing demands, as well as being self-motivated, innovative and flexible
- Confidence to manage files and clients independently
The successful candidate will work with our team of Caribbean litigators on a variety of challenging, sophisticated, and complex litigation cases, representing a broad range of clients. This position will involve international travel (once permitted) on a flexible schedule.
* We will also consider applications from candidates who have an LEC, have experience litigating in the Caribbean and are in the process of becoming licensed in Ontario. Candidates must have completed and successfully passed all parts of their NCA accreditation examinations to be considered for this role.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcripts and a legal writing sample (i.e. a skeleton argument/factum or a research memorandum) online here.
WeirFoulds welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse perspectives backgrounds, identities, and cultures.
Accommodations in accordance with applicable laws are available for applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Katrina Henn, Director of Talent.
At WeirFoulds, we recognize that we need to advance and to demonstrate equality, diversity, and inclusion in everything we do, internally and externally. We have been working diligently on several key areas, and we recognize that we must do better. Our goal is to put words into concrete action through a number of specific steps. These are described in our official statement on our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, which we are pleased to share.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.