WeirFoulds is thrilled to announce that it has risen to # 3 in Novae Res Urbis‘ (NRU) 16th annual ranking of the GTA’s most prominent planning and development law firms, from #6 in 2013.
Rankings reflect the relative frequency with which firms are mentioned in the Greater Toronto Area Edition of NRU for their involvement in some of the most challenging and interesting cases that came before the Ontario Municipal Board between August 2013 and July 2014. Bolstering the firm’s elevated position is the merger with Townsend and Associates in September 2013, which, as the article notes, has helped the municipal group to effectively double its case load.
Among the firm’s 17 OMB cases and decisions from the surveyed period, the article highlights:
- representing multiple clients in appeals of the Town of Aurora’s development charge by-law;
- representing Durham Outlook for the Needy in a motion to dismiss an appeal of the approval of minor variances to allow an office, store and soup kitchen in Oshawa;
- representing the City of Barrie regarding an appeal to construct a 3.5-storey building with 24 senior housing units;
- representing Metrolinx regarding an appeal to permit five commercial buildings and 11 detached dwellings in Mississauga; and
- representing the City of Brampton and James Dick Construction Limited regarding an appeal to approve Caledon’s growth plan conformity official plan amendment in Peel Region.
NRU Publishing Inc., established in 1997, shares news about people, activities and services related to municipal government and urban planning. The GTA Edition covers planning, development and transportation in the ‘905′ area. It is published weekly, 50 times a year.
Congratulations to the WeirFoulds Municipal and Planning Law group on this impressive achievement!