Julia is a land use planner in WeirFoulds’ Municipal Law Group, working in the municipal, real estate and development area.
Julia has worked with both private and public sector clients across Ontario and has been involved in the full spectrum of land use planning, including complex commercial, residential and institutional projects, infill projects, and rural/agricultural planning. Her responsibilities include the coordination and management of various development applications, including official plan amendments, zoning by-law amendments, site plan approvals, consents and minor variances.
Julia conducts research, prepares memoranda and provides planning advice as part of the due diligence work conducted by the firm’s lawyers. Julia also assists with Ontario Land Tribunal (formerly the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal and Ontario Municipal Board) hearings, and is a full member of the Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) and the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP).
- Board Member, Plan Canada Editorial Board (2017 – 2019)
- B.A. (Honours), University of Toronto, 2015
- Master of Urban and Regional Planning, Queens University, 2017
- Full Member, Ontario Professional Planners Institute
- Full Member, Canadian Institute of Planners
- Member, Ontario Expropriation Association