Sandra Astolfo is a Partner at WeirFoulds with a practise devoted to infrastructure and construction law. She has worked with her clients for almost 25 years and is a frequent speaker at continuing legal education programs and industry conferences.
From negotiating construction agreements, to providing contract administration advice, to litigating, mediating and arbitrating disputes, Sandra advocates on behalf of all project participants. She also assists her clients with protecting their interests in the event of a project participant’s insolvency.
Sandra is a Fellow of both the Canadian College of Construction Lawyers and the Construction Lawyers Society of America. Both are associations composed of outstanding lawyers who are distinguished for their skill, experience and high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
She is certified by The Law Society of Ontario as a Specialist in Construction Law and has authored numerous articles on various construction law topics.
Sandra is the recipient of the Ontario Bar Association’s 2019 Construction and Infrastructure Law Award of Excellence and is the first female recipient of the award. She is also repeatedly recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada and the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading lawyer in Construction Law.
- Recipient of the Ontario Bar Association’s 2019 Construction and Infrastructure Law Award of Excellence (Sandra is the first female recipient of the award).
- Repeatedly recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada as a leading lawyer in Construction Law.
- Repeatedly recognized in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading lawyer in Construction Law.
Called to the Bar
- Ontario (1995)
- LL.B., Queen's University, 1993
- B.A. (Hons.), York University, 1990
- Canadian College of Construction Lawyers, Fellow
- Construction Lawyers Society of America, Fellow
- The Law Society of Upper Canada - Specialist in Construction Law
- The Advocates' Society
- Ontario Bar Association Construction & Infrastructure Law Section