Thomas Wong is a Partner in the Corporate Practice Group at WeirFoulds.
His practice is focused on intellectual property, information technology law, and privacy law. Thomas regularly advises clients on various contractual and commercial matters, including those relating to e-commerce, cloud computing, hosting services, outsourcing and telecommunications and Internet services.
Thomas has experience in drafting and negotiating software development and licensing agreements for clients in a variety of industries including to e-commerce, food products, and pharmaceuticals.
In 2015, Thomas spent six months on secondment in house at one of our major technology vendor clients.
Acted for a national telecommunications provider in the negotiation of a master services agreement with a Schedule I bank, November 2014.
Acted for a national telecommunications provider in the negotiation of a master services agreement with a Schedule II bank, July 2017.
Acted for a leading cloud provider in the negotiation of an agreement for Data Centre and hosting services with a Schedule I bank, February 2018.
- Recognized in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading lawyer in Computer & IT Law
Called to the Bar
- Ontario (2012)
- J.D., University of Western Ontario, 2011
- M.Sc. (Microbiology), University of Toronto, 2007
- M.Sc. (Life Science), University of Toronto, 2005
- Ontario Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Toronto Computer Lawyers' Group
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group
- Toronto Lawyers Association