Vipal’s practice focuses on privacy and technology matters. She helps organizations on matters relating to data governance, cybersecurity and business transactions.
Vipal previously served as a Legal Counsel to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario. In that role, Vipal advised the Commissioner and senior officials on a range of issues in the context of public and private sector privacy. She also worked closely with public sector organizations including government ministries, police services and child welfare agencies.
Vipal’s background in litigation and biotechnology allows her to effectively assess legal risk and offer practical advice in a way that clients can understand.
Called to the Bar
- Ontario (2019)
- J.D., University of Ottawa, 2018
- B.Sc. (High distinction, Honours), Genetics & Biotechnology, University of Toronto, 2014
- Volunteer, South Asian Bar Association of Toronto
- Mentor, New College Mentorship Program
- Vipal Jain & John Buhlman, “Inspection of Property”, Civil Procedure & Practice in Ontario, 2021.
- Jeremy de Beer & Vipal Jain, “Inclusive Innovation in Biohacker Spaces: The Role of Systems and Networks” (2018) 8 Technology Innovation Management Review 27.