WeirFoulds is proud to support and host the 11th Canadian Lawyer InHouse Annual General Counsel Roundtable. As the role of general counsel continues to evolve in terms of responsibility, scope and expectations, we are happy to partner on this initiative that reviews and discusses issues critical to the success of the clients we serve.
Hosted at the firm, the roundtable focused on the management of in-house legal departments, and the challenge of doing so under constant pressures in terms of projects, budgets and time.
Running in-house legal departments in lean times was a focus of this panel, as it appears most sectors are growing cautiously while at the same time narrowing the roster of external partners.
The roundtable brought together the heads of legal departments from a range of sectors to discuss risk management, law department management, external partners, corporate social responsibility and regulatory challenges.
General counsel who participated include:
- Barbara Silverberg, Head of Legal, Dell Canada Inc.
- Robert Soccio, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary, Compliance Officer, Director of Human Resources, Navistar Canada
- Lara Speirs, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Randstad Canada
- Alena Thouin, General Counsel, Alterna Saving, Vice-Chair, Ontario Bar Association, Executive & Vice Chairwoman, CCCA Ontario chapter
- Jason Young, Head of Legal, PayPal Canada
The result of this roundtable is a feature article in Canadian Lawyer InHouse, as well as a series of videos introduced by WeirFoulds partner Nikiforos Iatrou.
Please click on the links below to access the article and the videos.