During his practice of over 40 years, Alan Bromstein has come to be recognized by his clients as an expert in matters relating to Regulated Health Professions (Colleges).
His work has included the preparation of regulations, bylaws, policies, procedures, rules and submissions to government.
Alan has had the privilege of advising Councils (Boards of Directors), Statutory and Standing Committees and College staff to assist them in meeting their public protection mandate.
Although his current practice is no longer heavily focused on advocacy, he has considerable experience in civil litigation, administrative proceedings including prosecutions before the Discipline and Fitness to Practise Committees of Colleges as well as appearing before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board and “appellate” courts. He also acts as Independent Legal Counsel for administrative tribunals.
He is very proud to include among his clients:
- The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario
- The College of Nurses of Ontario
- The College of Dietitians of Ontario
- The Ontario College of Pharmacists
- The College of Chiropodists of Ontario
- The College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- The College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- The College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- The College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario
Repeatedly recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada as a leading lawyer in Health Care Law
Recognized in the Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory as a leading practitioner in Litigation – Public Law, 2016
Called to the Bar
- Ontario (1976)
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 1974
- B.Sc., University of Toronto, 1970