Conor Dooley practises securities and corporate law.
Conor’s practice involves advising clients through a variety of securities regulatory matters and capital markets transactions, including public offerings, private placements, mergers and acquisitions, corporate re-organizations and other corporate transactions.
Conor has acted as counsel to underwriters and issuers on transactions involving a wide range of industry sectors, including mining, oil and gas, cannabis, alternative energy, financial services and technology.
Conor also provides advice and assistance to issuers with respect to their ongoing corporate governance, continuous disclosure and other securities and corporate law obligations.
- Represented StageZero Life Sciences Ltd. in $7.2M public offering. December 2020.
- Represented StageZero Life Sciences Ltd. in its $4.6M public offering. June 2020.
- Represented Antibe Therapeutics in its $28.75M bought deal public offering. June 2020.
- Acted for Harte Gold in connection with a bought deal private placement financing.
- Acted for Echelon Wealth Partners inconnection with a private placement of VIQ Solutions Inc.
- Acted for Lonestar West Inc. in connection with its acquisition by Clean Harbors, Inc. by way of an amalgamation under the Canada Business Corporations Act in a transaction valued at $43 million. July 2017.
- Acted for Norrep Capital Management Ltd in completing the initial public offering of the Norrep Short Duration 2017 Flow-Through Limited Partnership. July 2017.
- Acted for Harte Gold (TSX:HRT / OTC: HRTFF / Frankfurt: H4O) on the closing of $25 Million Bought Deal Private Placement including the Exercise in Full of the Underwriters’ Option. July 2017.
- Acted for Honeywell (NYSE:HON) in the acquisition by plan of arrangement of COM DEV International Ltd. (TSX:CDV), a leading satellite and space components provider of switches and multiplexers.
- Acted for the syndicate of underwriters consisting of GMP Securities L.P. (TSE: GMP), Paradigm Capital Inc., INFOR Financial Inc. and Cormark Securities Inc. in connection with a $30 million bought deal private placement of Dealnet Capital Corp. (TSX:DLS)
- Acted for Boulevard Industrial Real Estate Investment Trust (TSX V: BVD) in connection with its disposition by way of a plan of arrangement to PRE Real Estate Investment Trust pursuant to which PROREIT acquired 100% of the issued and outstanding trust units and debentures of Boulevard.
- Acted for Largo Resources Ltd in connection with equity financings in May 2015 and Jan/Feb 2016 for aggregate proceeds of approximately $111.5 Million (for aggregate equity raised with Largo of approximately $315 Million over the past 3 years)
- Acted for Largo Resources Ltd. (TSX V: LGO) in connection with approximately $315M in equity financing over the past three years.
- Acted for Soltoro Ltd. (TSX Venture: SOL) in connection with its successful disposition by plan of arrangement to Agnico Eagle Mines Limited pursuant to which Agnico Eagle acquired 100% of the issued and outstanding common shares of Soltoro for total consideration of approximately C$32 million.
- Acted for the sponsor in connection with the reverse-takeover and listing on TSX Venture Exchange of a merchant bank focused on investing in Canada’s medical marijuana industry.
- Advising Maxim Resources Inc. (TSX V: MXM) in connection with the acquisition of oil and gas interests in the Kingdom of Morocco and an AIM secondary listing and concurrent brokered financing with SP Angel Corporate Finance LLP as broker and NOMAD.
- Advised Cancana Resources Corp. (TSX V: CNY) in connection with a joint venture and concurrent financing of approximately $6MM with Ferrometals BV (an affiliate of The Sentient Group) for the acquisition of shares of Rio Madeira Comércio Importação e Exportação de Minérios Ltda in Brazil.
- Advised Unsnap Inc. (CSE: UP) in connection with a $11MM debt restructuring and a $1.6MM brokered financing.
- Acted for a TSX issuer on its short form prospectus offerings raising approximately $38M.
- Acted for the underwriters in in connection with a $10-million bought deal done by way of a short form prospectus offering of a TSXV issuer.
- Acted for a TSX-V issuer in connection with a $130 million unit and subscription receipt equity financing.
- Acted for a TSX issuer in connection with an offering of common shares pursuant to a short form prospectus for gross proceeds of $11.5 million.
- Acted for a TSX-V issuer in connection with its acquisition of assets in the Middle East.
- Acted for a private company in connection with it’s $15 million issuer bid.
Young Private Capitalists, Committee Member
Called to the Bar
- Ontario (2010)
- LL.B., Dalhousie University, 2009
- B.Sc., Dalhousie University, 2002
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Private Capitalists, Committee Member