WeirFoulds is very pleased to announce that it has taken the #1 spot in Novae Res Urbis‘ (NRU) 20th annual ranking of the GTA’s most prominent planning and development law firms.
According to NRU, WeirFoulds “comfortably lands the top spot after a successful year managing an impressive range of complicated files. The sheer number of appeals the firm was involved with, as well as its very high success rate, made WeirFoulds a mainstay of our GTHA LPAT News over this year’s reporting window”.
Among the firm’s Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) cases and decisions from the surveyed period, the article highlights:
- Ranked our highest-profile victory of the year, Denise Baker won approval for a developer client that paved the way for the tallest condominium tower in downtown Burlington, a decision that the city subsequently tried, and failed, to have overturned.
- Represented multiple appellants of the Village of Bolton Heritage Conservation District in Caledon
- Acted as counsel to Vaughan in multiple appeals of its new Official Plan and in the ongoing case management of that file.
- Represented the Fairway Hills Community Association in the Glen Abbey Golf Course redevelopment.
- Represented Coastal Land Developments in its appeal for a ZBA/plan.
- Represented Lebovic Enterprises and 1320991 Ontario in its appeal for a ZBA/plan.
- Acted as counsel to Richmond Hill in multiple appeals related to its Official Plan and various Secondary Plans.
- Represented Adi Development Group in its appeal for OPA/ZBA/SPA.
- Represented Recchia Developments in its appeal for variances.
- Acted as counsel to Brampton in multiple appeals related to its 427 Secondary Plan and in multiple appeals respecting employment conversions.
- Represented Sonoma Homes in several appeals for an OPA/ZBA.
- Represented Silverwood Homes in its appeal for an OPA/ZBA/plan related to Silverwood Drive in Hamilton.
Rankings reflect the relative frequency with which firms are mentioned in the Greater Toronto Area Edition of NRU for their involvement in some of the most challenging and interesting cases that came before the LPAT this ranking cycle.
NRU Publishing Inc., established in 1997, shares news about people, activities and services related to municipal government and urban planning. The GTA Edition covers planning, development and transportation in the ‘905’area. It is published weekly, 50 times a year.
Read the coverage beginning on page five of the December 19, 2018 edition of Novae Res Urbis GTHA.