WeirFoulds is proud to announce that we have once again been recognized in Chambers Canada: Canada’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
This year, five of our partners are ranked as leaders in their fields.
- Glenn Ackerley: Construction – Nationwide – Canada – Glenn Ackerley of WeirFoulds LLP is lauded by clients as “very experienced, very knowledgeable and very well connected throughout the industry.” They add: “He helps us to navigate through litigation easily because of his depth of expertise.” He is sought out for both his front-end advice and strength in construction disputes.
- Bryan Finlay QC: Litigation: General Commercial – Ontario: Bryan Finlay QC is a strong practitioner with excellent experience in commercial, corporate and securities litigation. His expertise covers fraud, corporate espionage and spoliation cases, as well as shareholder disputes and professional liability claims.
- Nikiforos Iatrou: Competition/Antitrust: Litigators – Nationwide – Canada: Nikiforos Iatrou of WeirFoulds LLP is described by clients as “easy, approachable, fair and balanced,” while peers regard him as “creative, tenacious and smart.” He is particularly highly regarded for his competition litigation expertise.
- Barnet Kussner: Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use – Ontario: Barnet Kussner is considered “one of the top municipal lawyers in Canada.” He is highly valued by clients for his practical, business-oriented approach and political savvy. They say: “His written work and advocacy are both excellent. He really has the experience in public sector municipal law.”
- Edmond Lamek: Restructuring/Insolvency – Nationwide – Canada – Clients say: “Ed is great on his feet, great in front of a judge, is a quick thinker and is able to both explain things in a simple way and respond to the other side.”
We are also pleased to announce that Clare Burns was recently ranked in the Private Wealth Disputes — Canada category in the Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2017.
- Clare Burns of WeirFoulds LLP is a respected trusts and estates litigator. “I certainly think that anyone looking for a good estate litigator is going to turn to Clare,” says one market commentator, adding: “She’s quite a powerhouse.” Burns is a former Children’s Lawyer for the Province of Ontario and is universally respected for her resilience and high-quality court work. “She’s wonderful,” enthuses one lawyer, while another says: “I think she’s probably one of the toughest litigators in the city. She gets a lot of high-profile cases involving complex situations.”
WeirFoulds is also recognized as a leading firm in the Corporate/Commercial, Litigation: General Commercial, Real Estate, and Real Estate: Zoning / Land Use categories.
- Corporate/Commercial: WeirFoulds is highly regarded in this category in Ontario
- Litigation: General Commercial: Market commentators say: “They have a real depth of talent,” adding: “They always deliver forthright services.” One client adds: “They are accessible, responsive, and competent.”
- Real Estate: The firm is commended for its friendly company culture, diverse expertise and bench depth. One client enthuses: “It’s pretty safe to say that they’re the leader in municipal law for this jurisdiction. They really understand the varied issues we come across.”
- Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use: Sources continue: “They have a great deal of expertise in land use development and the processes that follow on from that. A first-class team with excellent responsiveness.”
We thank our clients, colleagues and peers, and look forward to continuing our efforts to better serve our clients in Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
Chambers Canada is an annual publication ranking lawyers and law firms practising in all provinces and territories in Canada, in more than 40 specialist practice areas.