WeirFoulds is pleased to announce that the firm has once again been recognized in Chambers Canada: Canada’s Leading Lawyers for Business. In the 2019 edition, three of our partners are ranked as leaders in their fields.
Glenn Ackerley: Construction – Nationwide – Canada
- Glenn Ackerley of WeirFoulds LLP is regularly involved in construction mandates with a well-reputed litigation practice in the sector. He represents developers, contractors and suppliers with both construction disputes and contract drafting.
Bryan Finlay: Litigation: General Commercial – Ontario
- Bryan Finlay QC is recognized at the top of the Senior Statesperson list. He continues to be a well-respected figure in Ontario with a strong background in business, constitutional, tort and public law mandates.
Barnet Kussner: Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use – Ontario
- Barnet Kussner is recognized in band one in the Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use category in Ontario. He frequently represents townships and private-sector clients in administrative hearings, notably before the OMB. Barnet is a land use planning and development expert, often advising on Official Plan and Secondary Plan appeals. Sources say: “He’s done a lot of municipal work in Ontario and is very well respected. We bring him in when we need a heavy hitter.”
WeirFoulds is also pleased to announce that Clare Burns was recently ranked in the Private Wealth Disputes – Canada category in the Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2018.
Clare Burns is described by her clients and peers as “amazing, a force to be reckoned with” and “a brilliant person and a formidable litigator” who is “really capable and perceptive and has original views.”
Clare is a former Children’s Lawyer for the Province of Ontario and is universally respected for her resilience and high-quality court work. Her dedication to leadership in her areas of practice has secured other high-level designations for a number of years in a row, including Leading Practitioner of Estate Litigation by Lexpert, and Leading Lawyer, Trusts and Estates, by Best Lawyers in Canada.
WeirFoulds is also recognized as a leading firm in four categories: Corporate/Commercial: Highly Regarded; Litigation: General Commercial; Real Estate; and Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use.
- Corporate/Commercial: WeirFoulds is highly regarded in this category in Ontario.
- Litigation: General Commercial: Sources offer praise for the firm’s service levels, describing the team as “very client-focused, with excellent communication skills, and able to counsel and keep clients up to speed quickly.”
- Real Estate: WeirFoulds is recognized as a leading firm in this category in Ontario.
- Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use: Clients are quick to praise the team’s support regarding OMB work in particular, saying: “WeirFoulds is clearly a very good firm for OMB hearings.” Other satisfied clients note: “They’re the best firm we’ve ever worked with. We’re really satisfied with their service. Thoroughly impressed since day one.” Sources add: “We have an excellent impression of the firm. Its strengths are its depth of knowledge and expertise in planning law, and it provides practical advice and defends our interests.”
We thank our clients, colleagues and peers, and look forward to continuing our efforts to better serve our clients in Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
Please click here to view the complete firm profile at the Chambers and Partners website.
Chambers Canada is an annual publication ranking lawyers and law firms practising in all provinces and territories in Canada, in more than 40 specialist practice areas.