WeirFoulds is pleased to announce that the firm has once again been recognized in Chambers Canada: Canada’s Leading Lawyers for Business. In the 2020 edition, five of our partners are ranked as leaders in their fields.
Glenn Ackerley – Construction (Nationwide – Canada)
- Glenn Ackerley is regularly involved in construction mandates with a well-reputed litigation practice in the sector. Sources say Glenn is “impressive”; he is renowned for representing contractors, developers, owners and subtrades in contentious and contractual matters in the construction sphere.
Bryan Finlay – Litigation: General Commercial (Ontario)
- Bryan Finlay QC is recognized as a Senior Statesperson. He continues to be a well-respected figure in Ontario with a strong background in business, constitutional, tort and public law mandates. Bryan is also recognized for his extensive trial experience, appearing before all levels of the province’s courts.
James Kosa – Information Technology (Nationwide – Canada)
- James Kosa is a recognized practitioner in the Information Technology category in Canada. He offers his clients a wealth of knowledge and experience from across the spectrum of technology issues, including the protection and exploitation of computer and software technology, IT and IP licensing, privacy, security breaches and dispute resolution. James is known for taking the complexity of technology law and turning it into practical knowledge and advice that his clients can easily understand.
Barnet Kussner – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Ontario)
- Barnet Kussner is recognized in band one in the Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use category in Ontario. He frequently represents townships and private-sector clients in administrative hearings, notably before the OMB. Barnet is a land use planning and development expert, often advising on Official Plan and Secondary Plan appeals. Clients are quick to highlight his “excellent client service and great technical knowledge,” adding: “He produces excellent work, offers in-depth knowledge of all issues, and is responsive, a quick study, trustworthy and results-oriented.”
Marie-Andrée Vermette – Litigation: General Commercial (Ontario)
- Marie-Andrée Vermette is a recognized practitioner in the Litigation: General Commercial category in Canada. She is known as a skilled advocate and has been involved in some of the most publicized and sophisticated corporate/commercial disputes, class actions, and public law cases.
WeirFoulds is also recognized as a leading firm in four categories: Corporate/Commercial: Highly Regarded; Litigation: General Commercial; Real Estate; and Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use.
- Corporate/Commercial: WeirFoulds is highly regarded in this category in Ontario.
- Litigation: General Commercial: The firm operates a broad practice that encompasses a wide range of business litigation matters.
- Real Estate: WeirFoulds is a recognized practitioner in this category in Ontario.
- Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use: Clients give praise to this Group, saying: “It’s an excellent team, highly responsive to time-sensitive matters. They have the ability to deal with all aspects of law, and provides excellent value for services rendered.”
Chambers Canada is an annual publication ranking lawyers and law firms practising in all provinces and territories in Canada, in more than 40 specialist practice areas.
We thank our clients, colleagues and peers, and look forward to continuing our efforts to better serve our clients in Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
Click here to view WeirFoulds’ complete firm profile on the Chambers and Partners website.