Abby Benattar is an associate in the Technology & Intellectual Property and Privacy Groups with a primary focus on technology contracting, data protection and privacy compliance.
Abby completed both her summer and articling terms at the firm where she drafted and advised on technology contracts, including service agreements, licensing agreements, outsourcing agreements, and software development and procurement. She has since worked with a variety of industries and companies that range in size, from start-ups to large corporations.
She also addresses the privacy needs, concerns and goals of clients by establishing and amending privacy policies, as well as strategizing to manage regional, multi-jurisdictional, and international compliance issues.
Outside of the law, you can find Abby baking something sweet or skiing down the slopes.
- Dean’s Honor List
- Western Law Global Opportunities Award
- Western Law Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt – Rand Entrance Scholarship
- Western Faculty Scholars Award
Called to the Bar
- Ontario (2021)
- J.D./B.A. Honors M.I.T., Western University, 2020
- Ontario Bar Association
- Lecturer, Pro Bono Students Canada: During law school, Abby participated as a lecturer for Pro Bono Students Canada, holding workshops on alternative conflict resolution strategies within the local community
- Chair, Charity Fashion Show: Abby was the Chair of one of Western University’s largest charity fashion shows, OHM Charity Fashion Show, in support of the Canadian Cancer Society.