Andrea McEwan is a Partner in the Wills, Trusts & Estates Practice Group at WeirFoulds LLP.
Practising exclusively in the areas of wills, estates, trust, fiduciary and capacity-related litigation, Andrea possesses a deep knowledge of matters pertaining to passing of estate, attorney, guardian & fiduciary accounts, probate applications, guardianship issues, power of attorney disputes, and end-of-life and treatment decisions; and matters of elder law.
Andrea represents a wide range of clients including beneficiaries, trustees, executors, attorneys pursuant to powers of attorney, individuals found to be incapable of managing their property or personal care, and concerned family members.
Throughout her career, Andrea has appeared before all levels of Court in Ontario and has acted in an array of motions, trials, appeals, and applications.
- Repeatedly recognized in the Canadian Lexpert Legal Directory as a leading lawyer in Estate & Personal Tax Planning – Estate Litigation
- Repeatedly recognized in Best Lawyers in Canada
- Volunteer Lawyer, Pro Bono Law Ontario
Called to the Bar
- Ontario (2007)
- Western University, LLB - Law (2006)
- University of Alberta, MA - Psychology (2002)
- Swansea University, BSc - Biology and Psychology (1998)
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates' Society