WeirFoulds is pleased to announce that the firm has once again been recognized in Chambers Canada: Canada’s Leading Lawyers. In the 2023 edition, five of our partners have been recognized as leaders in their fields. We congratulate:
Glenn Ackerley – Construction (Nationwide – Canada)
- Glenn represents owners, developers, and contractors in a range of construction matters. He is particularly renowned for his management of disputes born out of construction projects, including contract disputes, delays, and lien claims. Glenn is recognized in Band 2 of this category.
Janet Bobechko – Environment (Nationwide – Canada)
- Janet is an experienced environmental lawyer with a practice encompassing both litigious and regulatory matters. Notable areas of expertise include contamination and remediation, emergency response and environmental approvals. Janet is recognized in Band 4 of this category and described by a market source as “a great lawyer”.
Bruce Engell – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Ontario)
- Bruce is chair of the firm’s municipal and planning group, with expertise covering the full spectrum of matters arising during real estate development. He is adept at representing clients before the LPAT and the courts in Ontario, with one market source describing him as “an intellectual heavyweight.” Bruce is recognized in Band 3 of this category in Ontario.
James Kosa – Information Technology (Nationwide – Canada)
- James advises clients across a range of IT issues including software licensing, privacy, and related IP concerns, and acts as technology counsel to companies across a wide variety of high technology fields.James is recognized in Band 4 of this category.
Carlos Martins – Transportation – Aviation: Regulatory (Nationwide – Canada)
- Carlos advises domestic and foreign air carriers on licensing matters and due diligence, and is praised by clients and peers as being “very good in the regulatory space”. He is also active on litigation mandates in the aviation space. Carlos is recognized in Band 2 of this category.
WeirFoulds is also recognized as a leading firm in three categories:
- Litigation: General Commercial (Ontario): WeirFoulds operates a broad litigation practice that encompasses a wide range of business litigation matters. The firm is recognized in Band 5 in this category in Ontario.
- Real Estate: Mainly Mid-Market (Ontario):WeirFoulds is recognized in Band 2 in this category in Ontario. The WeirFoulds Real Estate team acts for public and private corporations, pension funds, financial institutions, governments and individuals in a range of real estate and mortgage financing transactions.
- Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Ontario):WeirFoulds is recognized in Band 2 in this category in Ontario. The team is known as a skilled group with considerable experience acting for municipalities on significant expropriations and LPAT appeals, in addition to its engagement in mid-market transactions in Ontario.
Chambers Canada is an annual publication that ranks lawyers and law firms practising in all provinces and territories throughout the country, encompassing more than 40 specialist practice areas.
We thank our clients, colleagues and peers, and look forward to continuing our efforts to better serve our clients in Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
Click here to view WeirFoulds’ complete firm profile on the Chambers and Partners website.