WeirFoulds is very pleased to announce that it has been ranked first in Novae Res Urbis‘ (NRU) 23rd annual ranking of the top-10 planning and development law firms operating in the GTHA.
According to NRU, WeirFoulds “returns to the top spot in this year’s ranking with involvement in over 30 separate planning appeals throughout the GTHA over this year’s decision reporting window. The firm continues to represent a mix of private developer clients, residents’ groups and neighbourhood associations, and municipalities across a range of appeals”.
Along with the firm’s Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) cases and decisions from the surveyed period, the article highlights:
- the appeals filed against the City of Vaughan’s OPA 47 & 48 for the former Copper Creek Golf Club lands (acting for Vaughan)
- the appeals filed against the City of Richmond Hill’s Yonge-Bernard Key Development Area Secondary Plan (acting for Richmond Hill)
- the representation of a developer who prevailed over the City of Hamilton to obtain approvals for a nine-storey mid-rise development at 600 James Street North, near the West Harbour GO station
- the settlement reached on behalf of developer client for infill redevelopment of a former garden centre along the Lakeshore in Oakville
- the settlement reached on behalf of developer client for two seven-storey apartment buildings beside Aldershot GO station
- the settlement reached on behalf of developer client for a seniors’ living campus on the outskirts of Downtown Burlington
Rankings reflect the relative frequency with which firms are mentioned in the Greater Toronto Area Edition of NRU for their involvement in some of the most challenging and interesting cases that came before the LPAT this ranking cycle.
NRU Publishing Inc., established in 1997, shares news about people, activities and services related to municipal government and urban planning. The GTA Edition covers planning, development and transportation in the ‘905’area. It is published weekly, 50 times a year.