WeirFoulds is pleased to announce that the firm has once again been recognized in Chambers Canada: Canada’s Leading Lawyers for Business. In the 2021 edition, five of our partners are ranked as leaders in their fields. We congratulate:
Glenn Ackerley – Construction (Nationwide – Canada)
- Glenn represents owners, developers and contractors in a range of construction matters. He is particularly renowned for his management of disputes born out of construction projects, including contract disputes, delay, and lien claims.
Bruce Engell – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Ontario)
- Bruce is chair of the firm’s municipal and planning group, with expertise covering the full spectrum of matters arising in the course of real estate development. He is adept at representing clients before the LPAT and the courts in Ontario.
James Kosa – Information Technology (Nationwide – Canada)
- James is regarded as “very practical” by clients, who note: “He gets to the key issues quickly and provides thoughtful and useful advice.” He advises clients across a range of IT issues including software licensing, privacy and related IP concerns.
Barnet Kussner – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Ontario)
- Barnet is a market-leading zoning and land use lawyer who possesses in-depth experience appearing before municipal councils, the LPAT and all levels of court. He also has a wealth of experience acting for municipalities on planning matters, as well as other public entities. Barnet is recognized in Band 1 of this category.
Carlos Martins – Transportation – Aviation: Regulatory (Nationwide – Canada)
- Carlos is regarded as “an excellent regulatory lawyer” by market sources. He advises domestic and foreign air carriers on licensing matters due diligence and a range of other regulatory issues. Carlos is recognized in Band 2 of this category.
Marie-Andrée Vermette – Litigation: General Commercial (Ontario)
- Marie-Andrée is praised by her clients and peers as a “very intelligent person,” who “provides excellent representation to her clients.” She chairs the firm’s commercial litigation practice and has considerable experience as an advocate.
WeirFoulds is also recognized as a leading firm in four categories:
- Corporate/Commercial: WeirFoulds is highly regarded in this category in Ontario.
- Litigation: General Commercial: Clients give praise to this Group, saying: “They are exceptional counsel,” adding, “They are extremely smart and strategic.”
- Real Estate: Mainly Mid-Market: WeirFoulds is one of five firms recognized in this category in Ontario.
- Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use: WeirFoulds is recognized in Band 2 in this category in Ontario. The team is known as a skilled group with considerable experience acting for municipalities on significant expropriations and LPAT appeals, in addition to its engagement on mid-market transactions in Ontario.
Chambers Canada is an annual publication ranking lawyers and law firms practising in all provinces and territories in Canada, in more than 40 specialist practice areas.
We thank our clients, colleagues and peers, and look forward to continuing our efforts to better serve our clients in Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
Click here to view WeirFoulds’ complete firm profile on the Chambers and Partners website.