WeirFoulds is pleased to announce that the firm has once again been recognized in Chambers Canada: Canada’s Leading Lawyers for Business. In the 2022 edition, five of our partners are ranked as leaders in their fields. We congratulate:
Glenn Ackerley – Construction (Nationwide – Canada)
- Glenn represents owners, developers, and contractors in a range of construction matters. He is particularly renowned for his management of disputes born out of construction projects, including contract disputes, delay, and lien claims.
Janet Bobechko – Environment (Nationwide – Canada)
- Janet is an experienced environmental lawyer with a practice encompassing both litigious and regulatory matters. Notable areas of expertise include contamination and remediation, emergency response and environmental approvals.
Bruce Engell – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Ontario)
- Bruce is chair of the firm’s municipal and planning group, with expertise covering the full spectrum of matters arising during real estate development. He is adept at representing clients before the LPAT and the courts in Ontario.
James Kosa – Information Technology (Nationwide – Canada)
- James advises clients across a range of IT issues including software licensing, privacy, and related IP concerns. Market sources describe James as “diligent, responsive and very easy to work with.” “He knows what he’s talking about.”
Carlos Martins – Transportation – Aviation: Regulatory (Nationwide – Canada)
- Carlos advises domestic and foreign air carriers on licensing matters, due diligence, and a range of other regulatory issues. He is also active on litigation mandates in the aviation space. Carlos is recognized in Band 2 of this category.
WeirFoulds is also recognized as a leading firm in four categories:
- Corporate/Commercial: WeirFoulds is highly regarded in this category in Ontario.
- Litigation: General Commercial: Clients give praise to this Group, saying: “The lawyers at WeirFoulds are extremely smart and strategic,” explained one source, adding: “They provide excellent representation to their clients.” Another market source commended the firm’s “first-class service,” saying: “They are detail-oriented, resourceful, knowledgeable and attentive to deadlines.”
- Real Estate: Mainly Mid-Market: WeirFoulds is one of five firms recognized in this category in Ontario.
- Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use: WeirFoulds is recognized in Band 2 in this category in Ontario. The team is known as a skilled group with considerable experience acting for municipalities on significant expropriations and LPAT appeals, in addition to its engagement on mid-market transactions in Ontario.
Chambers Canada is an annual publication ranking lawyers and law firms practising in all provinces and territories in Canada, in more than 40 specialist practice areas.
We thank our clients, colleagues, and peers, and look forward to continuing our efforts to better serve our clients in Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
Click here to view WeirFoulds’ complete firm profile on the Chambers and Partners website.