As a country with abundant oil and gas reserves, Canada has long benefited from the world’s insatiable demand for energy. However, oil and gas companies continually face new challenges to meeting this demand, be it due to low oil prices, barriers to market access, environmental activism or political instability. In this volatile environment, it is essential to have trusted advisors by your side.
Our lawyers act for a range of clients in the petroleum industry, including explorers, developers, producers, pipeline operators, lenders and investors. Among other things, we assist clients with obtaining regulatory approvals, securing title, drafting joint venture and partnership agreements, obtaining project finance, completing corporate restructurings, ensuring operational compliance, public markets issues, and when necessary, litigation matters. We also help clients remain abreast of changes in international, national and local law and policy that may affect their business.
We take a multi-disciplinary approach to our oil and gas files, engaging our energy, securities, commercial, tax, construction, intellectual property and public law experts as necessary to ensure our clients receive excellent advice that is tailored to their needs.
Areas of Expertise
- Aboriginal law
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Corporate reorganizations
- Cross-border advice
- Due diligence
- Environmental approvals
- Joint ventures
- LNG projects
- National Energy Board hearings
- Natural gas sales agreements
- Onshore and offshore drilling contracts
- Pipeline approvals, construction and operations
- Project finance
- Surface rights
- Title reviews and opinions
- Assisted Angkor Resources Corp. subsidiary, EnerCam Exploration Ltd., in USD $1M to advance Angkor’s Cambodian oil and gas license (Block VIII) through the private sale of shares of EnerCam Resources Singapore Pty. Ltd. to various international investors.
- Acted for Exall Energy Corporation in connection with its convertible debenture financing and listing on the TSX.