WeirFoulds is pleased to announce that the firm has once again been recognized by Chambers and Partners in their annual ranking of Canada’s best legal talent. In the Chambers Canada Guide 2024, eight of our partners have been recognized as leaders in their respective fields. We congratulate:
Glenn Ackerley – Construction (Nationwide – Canada)
- Glenn represents owners, developers, and contractors in a range of construction matters. He is particularly renowned for his management of disputes born out of construction projects, including contract disputes, delays, and lien claims. Glenn is recognized in Band 2 of this category.
Sandra Astolfo – Construction (Nationwide – Canada)
- Sandra has worked with clients for over 25 years, bringing a “strong and experienced” approach to her infrastructure and construction law practice. From negotiating construction agreements, to providing contract administration advice, to litigating, mediating and arbitrating disputes, Sandra advocates on behalf of all project participants. Sandra is recognized in Band 4 of this category.
Denise Baker – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Ontario)
- Denise is a Co-Managing Partner at WeirFoulds. With a practice focused on municipal and land use planning issues and related litigation, she has acted on behalf of municipalities, private landowners and resident groups. Denise was described by a market source as “a tough, strategic and passionate advocate for her clients. She’s a wonderfully strategic lawyer who gets results.” She is ranked in Band 4 of this category.
Janet Bobechko – Environment (Nationwide – Canada)
- Janet is an experienced environmental lawyer with a practice encompassing both litigious and regulatory matters. Notable areas of expertise include contamination and remediation, emergency response and environmental approvals. Market sources have praised her as “quite knowledgeable on a wide variety of environmental areas.” Janet is recognized in Band 3 of this category.
Lisa Borsook – Real Estate: Mainly Mid-Market (Ontario)
- Lisa Borsook is one of the most recommended commercial leasing and infrastructure lawyers in the country, widely recognized for her knowledge, experience and commitment to her clients and the profession. For more than 25 years Lisa has used her extensive management, legal and business experience to run her successful and vibrant practice that includes a vast array of clients in connection with their infrastructure, retail, industrial, office and brownfield properties. Lisa is ranked in Band 3 of this category.
Bruce Engell – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Ontario)
- Bruce is chair of the firm’s municipal and planning group, with expertise covering the full spectrum of matters arising during real estate development. He is adept at representing clients before the LPAT and the courts in Ontario. Bruce is recognized in Band 3 of this category.
James Kosa – Information Technology (Nationwide – Canada)
- James advises clients across a range of IT issues including software licensing, privacy, and related IP concerns, and acts as technology counsel to companies across a wide variety of high technology fields. James is recognized in Band 4 of this category.
Carlos Martins – Transportation: Aviation: Regulatory (Nationwide – Canada)
- Carlos advises domestic and foreign air carriers on licensing matters and due diligence, and is praised by clients and peers as being “a great lawyer on the regulatory side.” He is also active on litigation mandates in the aviation space. Carlos is recognized in Band 2 of this category.
WeirFoulds is also recognized as a leading firm in two categories:
Real Estate: Mainly Mid-Market (Ontario)
- WeirFoulds is recognized in Band 2 in this category in Ontario. The WeirFoulds Real Estate team acts for public and private corporations, pension funds, financial institutions, governments and individuals in a range of real estate and mortgage financing transactions.
Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Ontario)
- WeirFoulds is recognized in Band 2 in this category in Ontario. The team is known as a skilled group with considerable experience acting for municipalities on significant expropriations and LPAT appeals, in addition to its engagement in mid-market transactions in Ontario.
Chambers Canada is an annual publication that ranks lawyers and law firms practising in all provinces and territories throughout the country, encompassing more than 40 specialist practice areas.
We thank our clients, colleagues and peers, and look forward to continuing our efforts to better serve our clients in Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
Click here to view WeirFoulds’ complete firm profile on the Chambers and Partners website.