Karsten Lee practises in the area of commercial leasing law. He is co-chair of the firm's Commercial Leasing Practice Group.
Karsten advises and assists national, individual and entrepreneurial clients with respect to all leasing-related matters. He has extensive experience with drafting and negotiating commercial leases and all ancillary documentation, as well as providing advice on a broad range of leasing-related issues relating to redevelopments, real estate acquisitions and dispositions, defaults and termination.
Karsten acts on behalf of landlords, tenants, developers, property managers, lenders, franchisors and franchisees. He also has extensive experience with leasing-related due diligence matters.
- Acted for Honeywell (NYSE:HON) in the acquisition by plan of arrangement of COM DEV International Ltd. (TSX:CDV), a leading satellite and space components provider of switches and multiplexers. February 2016.
- Repeatedly recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada as a leading lawyer in Commercial Leasing Law and Real Estate Law
Called to the Bar
- Ontario (2007)
- LL.B., Queen's University, 2006
- B.Comm., University of Toronto, 2001
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Co-presenter, Legal and Regulatory Issues for Property Managers and Owners, Property Management Exposition & Conference, Toronto, November 28, 2012