WeirFoulds lawyers work with our food sector clients across every step of the supply chain, from wholesale supply, production, processing, distribution to retail. Our team of lawyers have the business and regulatory backgrounds to provide strategic advice in almost any situation your food and/or beverage business may face.
Today’s food and beverage businesses must respond to technological advances, major changes in trade and policy, and a consumer-driven marketplace. Clients appreciate our cross-disciplinary approach that allows us to represent them efficiently and cost-effectively in business dealings, regulatory challenges and in litigation.
By collaborating with colleagues firm wide, with expertise on matters unique to the food and beverage industry, we create multi-disciplinary solutions that protect our client interests every step of the way.
Our experience includes:
- acquisitions, initial public offerings, and joint ventures
- debt and equity financings
- regulatory and compliance matters
- trademarks and branding
- negotiating a wide range of agreements, including distribution, co-packing, manufacturing, processing, packaging, and licensing agreements
- technology licensing
- advising on advertising and marketing policies
- real estate and leasing
- arbitration and disputes
- employment and labour